The purpose of this Terms of Service agreement (‘Agreement’) is to define the rights, duties, and responsibilities of Gretech Coporation (‘Gretech’) and users (‘User’) regarding the use of Gretech’s GOMlab websites (‘GOMlab’: defined as www.gomlab.com, player.gomlab.com, converter.gomlab.com, gomplayer.com, gomplayer.cn, gomplayer.tw, and any/all related subdomains) and the Services (GOMlab registration/membership; GOM Video Converter License purchasing; Uploading / downloading Skins, Logos, Subtitles, and Converter presets; Posting to the Preset forums; Using the Customer Service Centers; and any other such services presently available or added in the future) accessible through these websites and their sub-domains.
1) The User must consent and agree to the terms of the Agreement before using any Services. Users who do not consent and agree to the terms of the Agreement will be denied use of Services.
2) A link to the Agreement can be found at the bottom of every GOMlab page, and is displayed at the time of www.gomlab.com member registration. Users acknowledge that they agree to the terms of the Agreement by:
3) If the User is either (a) not of legal age to make a valid agreement with Gretech, or (b) not legally eligible to use GOMlab Services due to the laws of the region in which the User is residing or using the Services, the user cannot consent and agree to the terms of the ‘Agreement’, nor can they use any Services provided by GOMlab.
4) Gretech may make additions or alterations to the Agreement at any time for any reason it deems necessary. Users will be notified of changes to the Agreement by announcements posted on GOMlab and/or by email. By continuing to use GOMlab services after the amendments to the Agreement take place, the User acknowledges that he or she consents and agrees to the terms of the amended Agreement.
5) If the User does not consent and agree to the amended Agreement, he or she may terminate the agreement at any time by stopping use of any and all GOMlab Services.
6) Software components of GOMlab services (GOM Media Player, GOM Video Converter) contain separate End User License Agreements that define the rights, duties and responsibilities between the Software and their users. If there are contradictions or conflicts between the contents of the Software End User License Agreement and this Agreement, the relevant End User License Agreement will take precedence.
7) Gretech cannot and will not be held responsible for any damages incurred to Users who fail to observe the additions or amendments made to the Agreement.
1) Should Gretech provide a translated version of this original Agreement from English into any other language, the content of the original English Agreement takes precedence and governs the relationship between Gretech and the User.
2) Any discrepancy or contradiction between the English version of the Agreement and a translated version of the Agreement will be considered a translation error and the content of the English version will take precedence.
1) The User acknowledges that various subsidiaries and affiliated legal entities (Subsidiaries and Affiliates) sometimes provide Services to Users on behalf of Gretech, and agrees that these Subsidiaries and Affiliates are entitled to provide said Services to Users.
2) Gretech continuously works to innovate, develop, and improve GOMlab, Services, and Software, and the User acknowledges and agrees that the form and nature of GOMlab, Services, and Software may change at any time without the prior notice.
3) The User acknowledges that Gretech may temporarily or permanently stop providing Services at any time for any reason at the sole discretion of Gretech and without prior notice to the User.
4) The User may stop using Services at any time and is not required to notify Gretech,
5) The User acknowledges and agrees that Gretech may, at its sole discretion, disable and / or restrict a User’s access to his or her GOMlab account at any time if deemed necessary. The User may or may not receive notice from Gretech when access to his or her account is restricted or disabled, depending on the reason why prohibitive action was taken, and is decided entirely on a case-by-case basis.
6) The User acknowledges and agrees that Gretech may, at its sole discretion, set a fixed limit on the number of transmissions a User may send or receive through the use of Services, or on the amount of storage space used for the provision of any Service.
1) The User acknowledges and agrees that Gretech is the sole owner of all copyrights and intellectual property rights regarding GOMlab, Services, and Software worldwide, regardless of whether or not said copyrights and intellectual property rights are registered in any given region.
2) All copyrights and intellectual property rights regarding the content created by Gretech in relation to GOMlab, Services, and Software are the property of Gretech.
3) Any copyrights and intellectual property rights for content related to Services that are not created by Gretech and / or are offered / provided by other companies or parties are the property of their respective owners.
4) The User agrees not to modify, rent, lend, sell, or otherwise alter or distribute any content related to any Services, nor createany derivative works based on said content, unless they have been explicitly authorized in writing by Gretech to do so.
5) All copyrights and intellectual property rights for original content submitted to GOMlab by Users through the use of Services are the property of the User who submitted them.
6) By using GOMlab and / or Services to submit, upload, post, or otherwise display original content, the User grants Gretech a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, and distribute said content through GOMlab, Services, and / or Software. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling ‘Gretech’ to display, distribute and promote the content via GOMlab, Services, and / or Software and may be inapplicable under certain circumstances as defined by the Additional Terms of certain Services.
7) The User acknowledges and agrees that the license described in 5.6 grants Gretech the right to make original content that has been submitted, uploaded, posted, or otherwise displayed through the use of Services to other companies, organizations, or individuals with whom Gretech has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use said content in correlation with the provision of such services.
8) The User guarantees that her or she is the copyright owner of all content he or she submits, uploads, posts, or otherwise displays through the use of Services, or that he or she has the proper legal permission and / or authority to distribute said content through the use of Services.
9) The User acknowledges that he or she is solely responsible for protecting and enforcing his or her copyrights for content submitted, uploaded, posted, or otherwise displayed through the use of Services, and agrees that Gretech has no obligation or responsibility to protect these rights on behalf of the User unless specified otherwise in a separate agreement with Gretech.
1) As part of the GOMlab registration process, and In order to use certain Services, the User may be required to provide personal information including (but not limited to) identification and contact details. The User confirms and guarantees that any and all such information will always be both accurate and current.
2) The User agrees to only use Services for their intended purposes which are in accordance with and permitted by (a) this Agreement and (b) any laws, regulations, or accepted practices and guidelines in the region in which the User is using Services (including, but not limited to, laws regarding the export of data and / or software to and from the United States and other relevant countries).
3) The User agrees not to access or attempt to access any Services by any mores other than those provided by Gretech unless he or she receives explicit permission from Gretech in writing to do so.
4) The User agrees not to engage in any activity that disrupts, or could potentially disrupt, Gretech’s ability to provide Services or perform operations relating to GOMlab, Services, or Software in any way.
5) The User agrees not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, or otherwise alter or distribute any component or aspect of Services for any purpose unless explicitly authorized in writing by Gretech to do so.
6) The User agrees that he or she is solely responsible for any actions or circumstances that put him or her in breach of this Agreement, as well as the consequences of those actions or circumstances, including any loss or damages incurred by Gretech as a result. Gretech is in no way responsible for damages the User incurs as a result of a breach of Agreement.
7) The User may not use any copyrighted or trademarked data, materials, information or other items that are owned by Gretech for any non-fair-use purpose unless explicitly authorized by Gretech to do so.
8) The User acknowledges and agrees that he or she is solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords he or she uses in connection with any Services.
9) The User acknowledges and agrees that he or she will be solely responsible for any action or activity that is performed by or in connection to his or her registered GOMlab user account.
10) The User agrees that he or she will notify Gretech immediate if he or she become aware of any unauthorized use of her or her user account and / or password, or if there are any other such irregularities related to her or her user account.
1) Gretech will provide access to GOMlab, Services, and Software to Users in accordance with this Agreement
1) Gretech may limit or terminate a User’s right to use Services for any reason it deems valid including, but not limited to, the following:
2) Gretech may modify or remove any content submitted, uploaded, posted, or otherwise displayed by Users through Services for any reason it deems valid including, but not limited to, the following:
1) Some Services (or portions of Services) may display advertisements and / or promotions. Said advertisements and promotions may contain targeted content based on information provided by Users in order to use certain Services. The User agrees the Gretech may display such advertisements and / or promotions while Services are being used.
2) The nature of advertisements, the extent to which they are presented, and the method by which they are displayed are subject to change without prior notice to the User.
3) Users who have agreed to receive email notifications from Gretech during the GOMlab registration process may receive advertisements via email. Users can opt-out of receiving such emails at any time by editing their account information.
1) Gretech will not be held responsible if Services cannot be provided due to an emergency situation including, but not limited to, war, natural disaster, national emergency, or any other such unavoidable crisis.
2) Gretech will not be held responsible if damages are incurred or Services cannot be used properly due to abnormal or insufficient service provided by ISPs (Internet Service providers), electric companies, or other such technical service providers.
3) Services may be temporarily unavailable at various times due to maintenance, repair, replacement, or other such action necessary to keep Services operating properly.
4) Gretech is not responsible for information regarding GOMlab, Services, or Software that is provided by any third party and / or is displayed on any website other than GOMlab.
5) Gretech is not responsible for problems with Services that result from a User’s personal computing environment and or network environment.
6) Gretech will not be held responsible or act as mediator for conflicts regarding Services that occur between two (2) or more Users and / or any other third party.
7) Services are considered “offered as is” and “provided to use”, and the User takes full responsibility for any risks and / or burdens that may be involved with using the Services.
8) The User acknowledges that he or she is solely responsible for any loss or damages incurred from downloading or otherwise acquiring data through the use of Services.
9) Gretech does not apply any term or warranty to any information that is acquired through the use of Services that is not explicitly written in this Agreement.
10) All data, photographs, graphics, images, messages, text, tags or other materials that are submitted, uploaded, posted, or otherwise displayed by Users through the use of Services (Content) are the sole responsibility of the User from which the content originated (Uploader), and Gretech will not be held responsible or liable for any damages incurred to the Uploader, other Users, or any other third party that are related to said Content.
1) Any arbitration of legal disputes relating to GOMlab, Services, or Software will be conducted by a competent court with jurisdiction over the region in with Gretech is located and will be governed under South Korean law.
This Agreement is effective as of November 4th, 2009.
Most recently revised and updated on December 19th, 2011
This policy covers how Gretech treats personal information that Gretech collects and receives.
Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Gretech does not own or control, or to people that Gretech does not employ or manage.
This site is owned and operated by Gretech Corporation. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Gretech, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Gretech gathers two types of information about users
Gretech Gathers User Information In The Following Processes
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users
We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Gretech gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
Users of the site's discussion forum must register for the service(free of charge) in order to post messages, although they needn't register to visit the site. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address.
We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. Gretech may use a system to "tag" users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
Gretech may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Gretech tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Gretech does break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser).
Gretech sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
Gretech uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, and discussion forums. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Gretech never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don't track which terms a particular user enters.
Gretech creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don't track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Gretech uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience's demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Gretech operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include: